[incubation] (HTML) Documentation editor

Our new-to-incubation project (papyrus-xtuml) has a lot of existing documentation that was originally created with MS Word as a WYSIWYG HTML editor.  We quit using Word have done a few documentation updates using Open/LibreOffice as a replacement WYSIWYG HTML editor.  I do not consider this solution ideal.

I've looked into the xtext and cdt documentation files and do not see any sort of indication about what editor was used.

What tools do other projects use to create and maintain documentation?  I need a WYSIWYG editor, but highly prefer one that does not pollute the files with loads of extra HTML content tags.  I noticed that the xtext and cdt html files I looked at are nice and clean and would like to achieve the same.

Thanks,
Keith

--
Keith Brown