Re: [incubation] (HTML) Documentation editor

Dear Keith,

We are currently switching to Asciidoc (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/), using Asciidoctor (http://asciidoctor.org/) for tooling. It is supported by Mylyn’s WikiText (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/WikiText/AsciiDoc), and we already create Eclipse Help, HTML pages, and PDF from a single source.

We are at the very beginning, and we have only migrated some user documentation, see https://github.com/NumberFour/n4js/tree/master/docs/eu.numberfour.n4js.doc. In the long run, we want to port our Latex based specification to Asciidoc and use that as the only format. For that, we are currently investigating custom macros (both for AsciiDoc and Mylyn Wikitext).

Regards,
Jens

Back to the top