Re: [ide4edu-dev] Last semester used SVN?

From my POV, setting up an external repo is fine. However, please make sure that you keep eclipse.org in the loop by regularly commenting on the bug and posting patches. Keep in mind that large patches (>250 LOC) are subject to the full IP Due Diligence process which can be time-consuming.

FWIW, I would love to make one or more of the UCOSP students a committer on the project (thereby granting direct write access to the code repository). We can make this happen after you demonstrate merit by providing several high-quality patches or other significant contributions. If your patches aren't getting attention, pester me. Don't be shy.

Wayne

maciej.kozlowski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Cory,

We used an SVN when we were working on the Scheme part. We set up the repo on Google Code. The project is here: http://code.google.com/p/scheme4edu/

Maciej

Quoting cmatheso@xxxxxxxxxxx:

Hello,

I was reading back on the UCOSP blog, and the last semester mentioned
using an SVN, and they say it really improved the direction of the
project in their post mortems..

Do you guys recall what they did here? Was an SVN actually used? Who
was responsible for setting up the server?

I too, think it would be of great benefit for use, such that we have an
area to commit code and not micromanage 300 patches.

Cory.