- New RSS feed can be added via plugin.xml
- It was added to
- give the EF the ability to send important (IDE related) information to its users
- give Eclipse projects the ability to inform their users about product news, updates, articles etc.
- Itâs integrated into the Java and the Committer Package
- I think rss feeds specialised for committer package and for java package users would be very useful
- "How to contribute" guides would be a good item for that feed, IMHO
If you have technical questions please let Andreas Sewe know. Heâs the technical lead on this component.
On 4. Oct 2017, at 16:21, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe the RSS feed is acceptable because it provides useful information to the user. It may not always be relevant but it usually technical.
From: ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Merks
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Link from inside Eclipse IDE to how to contribute
This morning I noticed that occasionally Eclipse pops up a little non-modal bubble from the feeds:
Quite a few I bet! Such a feed could include an occasional "funding drive", or "how to get involved" drive, or whatever clever marketing idea you or someone else might have in the future.