[ide-dev] Link from inside Eclipse IDE to how to contribute

On Saturday, September 30, 2017, Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
work on the source code for any particular project [...] git clone [...] Gerrit URI [...] Oomph

All this is way too fine grain of contribution for most users. I would stick to a visible link to a web page that also includes testing and donations, which are a more accessible way to contribute for many users.

I'm also skeptical about who will actually do all the work to realize the good ideas in this thread...

Let's avoid turning any discussion into a resource assignment one and keep discussing and prioritizing ideas without sending pessimistic messages about our ability to deliver value from them.
As a matter of fact, I think some of the proposals I made are simple and valuable enough for me (or maybe some teammate) to work on them in EPP with a good priority.
Before I do so, I was curious about which ones other people would be against in order to prioritize subitems. Andrey already gave concrete feedback. Anyone else?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top