Re: [ide-dev] A "releases/latest" URL in the IDE to ease upgrades?

Is p2 smart enough today to try less aggressive update option if a mix of update possibilities is found?

Consider an installation that has Neon.1 installed after Neon.2 and Neon+1 are out. The installation also has a plugin that will work with Neon.2, but not with Neon+1.

When user does check for updates, Neon.2 and Neon+1 are two update possibility. Will p2 go down the most aggressive path that will require remediation (removing third-party plugin that the user may not be ready to part with) or will it try a less aggressive path that will resolve cleanly?

I am generally in favor of exploring this further and I am ok with saying that third-party plugin providers have to change how they distribute accordingly so all of their updates are found too, but we need to make sure that we aren’t making things worse for users.

Thanks,

- Konstantin