Re: [ide-dev] Some Infos About Oomph

On 28/01/2015 10:59 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Now assuming all these great third party plug-ins are up on the Eclipse
Marketplace, it should be possible to add them to the list of things to
install in Oomph, or at least the most popular ones. Is that possible? Is
it desirable? Is it even allowed by the Eclipse board? But, man, it would
be awesome to see from eclipse.org.

I do not know if this is technically possible. My guess is that if it's in a p2 repository, it can be done. But that's a question for Eike.

But given that we already deliver content from Marketplace to the workbench via MPC, I do not see why this would be an issue with the Eclipse Foundation. We would want to maintain the current approach that the available content was either open source, or from Members. But other than that, it sounds like a great idea.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top