Re: [ide-dev] Yet another article advising to leave Eclispe

Am 16.10.2014 um 11:11 schrieb Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I can say that i'm currently staying away from using guava since it is not api/runtime stable.
>
> was there not a big problem of getting the right guava library into Luna since projects were using different versions ?
>
> (That said I would love to use something like it - just need to be part of something that does not result in lib conflicts)

I haven’t thoroughly thought about it but one option I see is adding a fragment to the system bundle that provides Java 8 Optional with a BREE of <1.8.

Clients that run Eclipse with Java 8 would use Java 8 Options from JRE. Clients that run with Java7 or lower would get the one provided by the system bundle.

But I’m not an OSGI expert and don’t know whether there are corner cases to consider. This, of course, would require such a fragment to be available in any eclipse installation.

Marcel