|Re: [hudson-dev] New Hudson-on-Hudson|
Henrik, See my reply below On 2/6/12 1:37 PM, Henrik Lynggaard Hansen wrote:
Hi As discussed during today's meeting, I have nearly all the plugins building on my local machine and managed using the hudson jobcreator tool. So I suggest we don't spend time on actually moving the jobs from the old instance.
The missing bits are: * Dimensions SCM plugin: It appears it depends on a local file repository which I naturally dont have (This job does not exist on the current HonH) * LiveRebel Deploy: Running into the "Nothing to do" git error.
Don't know why this fails.
* Hudson 2 Core: It has a dependency on org.jvnet.hudson.main:rest-plugin:hpi:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. We need to fix that so we either agree on how to deal with snapshots or point to a released version. * Hudson 2 REST support: appears to depend on core versions (Do we have a nasty circular reference?) [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project hudson-rest: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-rest:pom:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-inject:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-service:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-test-utils:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-inject:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT in hudson.snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) -> [Help 1] * Hudson 2 REST client: Depends on REST support 2.2.0-SNAPSHOTS * Hudson 3 REST ciient: Depends on Hudson 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT parent
We extracted out REST plugin and Maven plugin in 2.2.0. So with that release circular dependency was expected. Now the parents of these plugins can be modified to the released version. However, I still found issues with SNAPSHOT versions, from second level dependency tree. I fixed this issue in v3.
* Eclipse: Packaging: Untested, don't know what to run
Packaging is for creating Linux distribution, so nothing to build
* Eclipse Test Harness: It has test errors and failures ?
I noticed one Test class is failing (https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Hudson/job/hudson-test-harness/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/). I'll take a look at it.
As you can see we still have some cleanup, and we need to agree on how to handle "plugins" depending on the latest SNAPSHOT core.. In order to load the jobs I need the following * My account transferred to the new instance
The new instance is still not ready. I'll let you know when it is ready.
* Ability for the Hudson CLI tool to hit the hudson instance (from outside oracle net)
Hmm.. need to veirfy. Not sure if the port is open. Someday, I want to write Hudson CLI based on REST API, to avoid such port problems.
* A java 6 JDK configured * The following plugins ** Claim Plugin ** Compact Columns ** Display Name ** Job Revision Plugin ** Shelve Project Plugin ** Sidebar Link ** Radiator View Plugin ** Hudson Extended Read Permission Plugin Interested people can find the job template and script in the hudson-on-hudson github repository Best regards Henrik _______________________________________________ hudson-dev mailing list hudson-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx http://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/hudson-dev
Back to the top