Re: [hudson-dev] New development Page in the Wiki

On 12/9/11 1:30 PM, Henrik Lynggaard Hansen wrote:
2011/12/9 Winston Prakash <winston.prakash@xxxxxxxxx>
The Eclipse foundation is implementing Gerrit to submit patches to git repositories by non committers. It is not ready yet. As I learned from  Denis Roy (Eclipse Web master), it won't be ready until end of this month.

I wont be ready with most of my contributions until 2012 anyways, so I think it is easiest if I wait for gerrit.

Note, some how I'm not able to apply the patch I create from the "eclipse-move" branchs. I have to cut and paste the code and that causes the author to loose the authorship. Probably I may have to create a mirror repos for all just like how I did for core.

I do have one contribution which I hope can make it in before the next release, I have described the change in http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-9092

I know it is not in patch format, but I hope it doesn't matter too much with such a small change. For good sake and order, I don't care for authorship in that contribution.

BTW, we will have one or more bug fix release (for 2.2.0) from Github. Your patch could go in that one first before it make it to eclipse git.

- Winston

Best regards
Henrik