Re: [hono-dev] Updated Command&Control API draft

Hi Paolo,

Parameters are sent as a part of the body. It is up to the client to decode the body properly, depending on the incoming command.

Cheers!

czw., 31.03.2016 o 22:18 użytkownik Paolo Patierno <ppatierno@xxxxxxxx> napisał:
Another potential problem here could be the lack of parameters for a command.
Here, command is an application property and could be the same for a variable number of parameters for it (a variable number of application properties ?).

Or command and related parameters should be encoded inside the body as Map for the AmqpValue.

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Gordon Sim
Sent: ‎31/‎03/‎2016 22:09
To: hono-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hono-dev] Updated Command&Control API draft

On 31/03/16 20:39, Henryk Konsek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here [1] is an updated draft of the Command & Control API. Any feedback
> would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers!
>
> [1] https://github.com/eclipse/hono/wiki/Command-And-Control-API

The status on the response is defined to be of type string, but takes
values 0 and 1. If it is a binary choice, I'd suggest using a boolean as
the type and also changing the name to make the meaning less ambiguous
(i.e. either failed or succeeded).

The spec states: The body must be a descriptive message indicating what
happened during the control message execution." - I assume that some
operations can return data, right?

The command property is defined to be optional. If not set, how would
the control message be interpreted?