RE: [higgins-dev] Re: Getting started with IdAS?

Marc wrote:

> > The following reference has more detail on the current thinking for
> > the registry and CP configuration framework:
> > http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/IdAS_Registries_Proposal_2B
> >

> Thanks again for the link.  I'll need to go through it.  I've built a
> context provider for (cue the shameless plug, apologies up front)
> MyVirtualDirectory (http://myvd.sourceforge.net/) integrating the
> virtual directory engine directly into the context provider API.

That's great.

> was able to start with the JNDI CP and tests and go from there pretty
> well.  I've sort of got it integrated into the TokenService, though
> the second directory config is confusing me.

That's just a temporary hack. Mike McIntosh has been waiting for an
easy-to-configure CP that supports update operations. Once he has that this
second path will go away.

> I still need to get the
> icard-manager setup though so I'm pushing through it.

I wouldn't bother (yet). It is not in any state worth playing with.
Hopefully by M0.8 it will be working well enough. M0.8 is a critical
milestone where we're trying to get a lot of new code integrated.

> Thanks again for the responses, its made this project a lot easier!
> Marc

Back to the top