Re: [glassfish-dev] JSF Templating -- What is blocking?

Hi,

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:01 AM Romain Grecourt <romain.grecourt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/5/20 11:59 AM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,

Woodstock is one of the projects that uses an embedded Jenkinsfile instead of the script that most projects are using.

One could argue whether this is really needed, as the Jenkinsfile assumes intimate knowledge about (specifically) the Kubernetes cluster it's running on.
The inline YAML template for the k8s pod is definitely not ideal.
IIRC the only reason for it being there is to implement the shared local repository.

That's indeed an important feature of them, thanks for reminding me.

One other issue with the inline YAML is that both images (JNLP and Alpine) set a user in the docker file.

See:

According to the openshift rules and the Eclipse guidelines for the CI this is not allowed actually.

I've been wondering for some time why our GlassFish jobs is able to run at all. My guess is that the Eclipse guys use some sort of trick, although they've been asking to make the our images suitable for running with a random user.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top