Re: [geowave-dev] Geowave and Hbase

Yes, we have been working hard to ensure *everything* is supported in HBase that is supported in Accumulo, to include the GeoServer plugin.  Our upcoming 0.9.3 release is the first release that will have full HBase support with comparable performance so one could reasonably choose between Accumulo and HBase based on your needs.  0.9.3 will officially be released very soon, currently we are in final stages of ensuring complete Google BigTable support in this release as well.  In the meantime, if you were to try to build the latest yourself, the most significant catch to having an HBase client within the same webapp as GeoServer is differing guava versions and in particular usage of conflicting Stopwatch calls between GeoServer and HBase's client (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15737).  We have applied this patch to remedy our distribution - so our packaged jars and rpms that we distribute will work seamlessly without worrying about this conflict.

But I'm bringing it to your attention ahead of time in case you decide to build it yourself.  Alternatively Guava 16.0 has proven to work with both HBase and GeoServer from our testing (GeoServer comes with Guava 17.0 however so you'd have to remove that and add guava 16.0 to work around the problem this way).