[geomesa-users] Any suggestions for indexing data with a duration?

All,

As I am using the latest GeoMesa I am coming up with some issues that hopefully others have already thought about.

Namely, I have data that inherently has a time duration (e.g. a start and end time), and I want to index that data using GeoMesa.  In an older version of GeoMesa I could index the data using both a start and end time, but the current version of GeoMesa only indexes data using a single time parameter.  Since time ranges do not seem to be supported by current GeoMesa, does anyone have a suggested approach?

Here is an abstract example for my problem:
- I index data that inherently lasts from time 5 to time 10
- I want to be able to perform a query that will return results if the query time range at all intersects/overlaps with the indexed data
-- For example, I want to perform a query using the time range 6-7 and still get a result

My only thoughts are that since I can no longer index a time range, I must discretize my data and index each discretized portion - each with its own indexed time.  This may work in a practical sense, but will always succumb to the above abstract problem where a query that should return results does not return results because the indexed data is discretized.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Is GeoMesa going to bring back support for indexing data that has a duration?

Thanks,

Beau

Back to the top