Re: [geomesa-users] Any suggestions for indexing data with a duration?

Beau,

GeoMesa should be able to get you most of the way through this use case.
By indexing based on location and one end-point of your time range, the
remainder of the range query can be handled via CQL.  That is, if I have
a feature that contains these fields
"geom:Geometry,start:Date,end:Date", then a query of the form
(simplified for presentation):

  geom INTERSECTS polygon
  AND start DURING dt0/dt1
  AND end BEFORE dt0/dt1

would both take advantage of the index on the (location, start-time)
pair, and would return all of the records whose time-span intersects the
dt0/dt1 interval.

If you find that's not working for you, please just let us know.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
  -- Chris

P.S.  We removed explicit support for the end-time attribute relatively
recently, but only because that field was never actually used in the
index.  Whether we add this field explicitly to the geo-time index in
the future probably depends on how our work on secondary indexes gels.