Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [escet-dev] Release v0.2: delay or descope?
  • From: Dennis Hendriks <dh_tue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 21:48:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; 1; spf=none; dmarc=none; dkim=none; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=QTnXeRY3ol/JAzwmw3m/fYWU8xkF9A7Yt73BRrzdBSA=; b=PnZp0p6WePEBXvZ6TbbF3ythvWhrXRZWi5te9DvzVxj+0HI+FiMDPWaWwie+f5qrSHula5OusD7kbfHGUHLhKXLQc7kGOulsSfOLgoIXCBzJ+nT7/hk4a2nrfW/5Z7eqmmZs3dcgAUOop0lKeoQWJMyyk5BrinhA8hyiDpekPOZASms4KLFSdYyLP/cnkng9LvrP4d18Z9IAH9fQBG/QNGXdVBwdNUWfOsf2wMnQIYTblKba49BAbu8earNO3aowy50NnZay1nNBbd/NmwxA1/BYXbzF4moQeCiVte0pFcxwM04J8PF2z6HCpd2UVtTvnzqLCCEtl993C9ayn9nLkg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901;; cv=none; b=JIGgDso/64oE2eNPdN+bWeUy4PGlFElmbF7p4SoYlAhkxSveJS5Em8Vk2Pj5juCmlol7yYGkrDhBLA9V0j1EUKnXQsTMORpY6fsDo6VJnzvTYnrTTt4PIeCr6uYn+mAk95e2anGn96i7Ork2m0xzltisAICEwli9XgVQRFzFoJFlIWujIyF+3ZYemvyj8J05xBV9qAQ8B+hI4otK3cOxCZMiQ+Nsy56TwOzsDPZsajkP7x3YBhhX+k/uZWteRu3eTP73v6Ux4vJPa+Kq87GEscTAzKas5Pps6O1WpRomtwrSyJOFw9C3tvGAneMtrk7CvymFdp3brft/VSEvF3RaiQ==
  • Delivered-to: escet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • List-archive: <>
  • List-help: <>
  • List-subscribe: <>, <>
  • List-unsubscribe: <>, <>
  • Thread-index: AQHXbei6iYIBL2Yu3kWMROsRquOe7qstmK7JgAAx4oCAAM0pcYABos/e
  • Thread-topic: [escet-dev] Release v0.2: delay or descope?

Hi all,

I've fixed bug #138 and released v0.2-RC1.

I've also changed the release date to July 7.


Van: escet-dev <escet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> namens Dennis Hendriks <dh_tue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Verzonden: donderdag 1 juli 2021 22:45
Aan: escet developer discussions <escet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Onderwerp: Re: [escet-dev] Release v0.2: delay or descope?
Hi all,

I've moved the remaining issues for v0.2 to v0.3.

I've created merge request !109 to update the release notes. Please review.

We still have to release a release candidate. I can do that tomorrow, after the release notes have been updated.

To allow for testing the release candidate, I propose to move the release date to July 7.

Let me know what you think.


Van: escet-dev <escet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> namens Ferdie Reijnen <ferdie.reijnen@xxxxxxxxx>
Verzonden: donderdag 1 juli 2021 10:29
Aan: escet developer discussions <escet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Onderwerp: Re: [escet-dev] Release v0.2: delay or descope?

I agree with Dennis and Albert to not delay the release. 
The remaining issues are all nice to have, but they are not blocking the release. 

Kind regards,

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 07:45, Hofkamp, Albert <A.T.Hofkamp@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

If I remember correctly, we decided for a time-based release policy, so I would say the only reason to delay a release is if there are critical blocker issues.

Current open bugs are:

#76: Very long lines are not rendered in console window and text editor which is a non-trivial issue and perhaps even non-solvable

#109 and #110 about the railroad diagram generator which is not an end user tool and not in production use.

#89 Linux command line scripts show JVM UI popup upon failure seems to have stalled one month. As it is about command-line execution, I would say not critical enough.

I see no reason to delay the release.


From: escet-dev <escet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dennis Hendriks <dh_tue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 21:57
To: escet developer discussions <escet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [escet-dev] Release v0.2: delay or descope?
Hi all,

I'm very happy with the work we've done so far for release v0.2. We addressed many of the issues already. We also fixed many bugs.

Today is the release date that we set for release v0.2. But, we still have various open issues for this release.

There are several reasons we did not yet resolve all the issues for this release. One is the many bug issues that were created in the last months, including several non-trivial ones. Another is that some work has been more involved than expected, e.g. the multi-HTML output.

Regardless of the reasons, we now have a decision to make. Do we:
  1. Delay the release until all the issues have been addressed?
  2. Move the remaining issues to a next release, release a release candidate this week, and perform the final release next week?
  3. Some other alternative?
Given that the sum of the remaining issues is still significant, delaying the release until all that work is done would not be my preference. I propose to go for the 2nd option.

What are your thoughts on this? And are there issues that you consider critical for a v0.2 release?


escet-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit

Back to the top