Re: [equinox-dev] Refresh a single bundle in Equinox Servlet

You may want to try asking to p2 mailing list.  I seem to remember some experiments with getting a p2 managed equinox in a WAR.  Other than that, you would need to develop or use your own management agent for managing/updating your bundles.  As you have found out the built-in launcher in the servlet bridge is just about boot strapping the initial set of bundles delivered with the WAR.

Tom

From:        David Cao <govelogo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        10/29/2014 08:20 AM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Refresh a single bundle in Equinox Servlet
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello there,

We have Equinox LunaRC4 running in Tomcat Servlet bridge. Since we could not have OSGi console in production, we use Felix Webconsole 4.2.2 to manage bundles.

One problem now is if we just want to refresh one changed bundle, we have to do it via sp_redeploy via servlet which redeploys every bundle. (Felix webconsole does not help either; but I will ask them seperately)

So, is there an Equinox native way to automatically detect a bundle jar update and refresh the single bundle?

thanks!
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx