Re: [equinox-dev] Pass system properties to Equinox Servlet

Thanks Tom! In this particular case, it is actually for PAX logger, which expecting "bundles.configuration.location" for logger configurations. I will check with them to see if supporting BundleContext.getProperty().

Thanks,
David

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When equinox is embedded in WAR it does not use system properties to back its configuration.  This is because system properties are a VM singleton.  Using system properties for configuration would risk colliding with other WARs that also embed equinox.  This is why the config.ini and launch.ini options do not get reflected in the system properties.  Is there any way you can change the bundle to use BundleContext.getProperty instead of system properties?

Tom

From:        David Cao <govelogo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        10/29/2014 11:22 AM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Pass system properties to Equinox Servlet
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello there,

I have a bundle in Equinox Servlet in Tomcat that expects a value passed by a system properties. I can do it as a java vm -D argument. But I would like to find an alternate way using either launch.ini or config.ini.

I tried appending this 2 line in launch.ini,

-vmargs
-Dmy.property=my.value

But it didn't seem to work. And I could not find how to do it via config.ini.

Can someone show what I did wrong? Thanks a lot,

David