Re: [equinox-dev] R6 httpservice update

Hi Gunnar,

On 3/15/2014 6:49 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
On 2014-03-07 16:58:17 +0000, slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
3) Both orgs are already using Jetty...and are looking to continue this

I believe, the approaches are totally different from a technical point of view.

Currently...perhaps.

Thus bringing them together is not easiely possibly.

:) My response is: the technical challenges of bringing them together are probably not that significant...at least compared to the org and cultural challenges of getting the cooperation/joint effort and resources from the various teams (equinox, jetty, felix, etc) across organizations (eclipse, apache).

The Equinox HttpService is essentially just a servlet that runs in any compatible container. It's shared between the servlet bridge and Jetty. The Jetty version just launches an embedded Jetty server and hooks the servlet into it. Thus, it's esentially single web app with a single servlet. I think the Apache HttpService as a much more deeper integration with Jetty. The configure different Jetty web apps / contexts per HttpContext. But I could be wrong and this was with the PAX HttpService.

WFIW, all of the whiteboard enhancements of the R6 spec can be actually implemented by an "extender" bundle. That could potentially be shared between both worlds.

There you go!   :)

Scott

Back to the top