Re: [epp-dev] Promote Quick Access Ctrl+3 via the EPP?

The dialog not just contains Platform, JDT and PDE, but also Tips and Tricks from other installed features if they contribute Tips and Tricks.

I like the idea of merging all of them into one Tips and Tricks document on the fly, rather than showing the dialog where the user has to pick. WDYT?

Dani

From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        08.04.2016 19:42
Subject:        Re: [epp-dev] Promote Quick Access Ctrl+3 via the EPP?
Sent by:        epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2016-04-08 01:15 PM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> Not sure how a new user would decide between Eclipse Platform and Eclipse Java Development Tools. They don't know what Platform means.

They should read both! :-)

This is a fine example of shipping your organization (aka
Conway's Law).

A more user-centric approach might be to merge them? Merging all of the content under the control of the Eclipse PMC is still an example of that, but at least it would match a little more closely with what a user thinks of as the Eclipse Java IDE.

--
Mike Milinkovich

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223