[epf-dev] Re: Architectural mechanisms - a bit confusing as itstands ?

Chris Armstrong wrote:
 - Here's my definition of "architectural service": "A capability provided by
the architecture to enable applications to function within a technology
platform." Another way to put it, "things the architecture does, that all by
themselves aren't useful, but without them the application couldn't
function".
I like that term (even if it's a new one ;-)
(probably not by accident...) it fits to service-orientation
it fits to the incremental funding method (by Mark Denne and Jane Cleland-Huang
It's simple yet sufficient (from my point of view)
 - I have found using a three- or four-level state model useful for work
products that are incrementally refined.
That's fine as well (and it worked for me as well)
 >From this, one can come up with simple task names such as "identify
architectural services", "describe architectural services", "outline
architectural services", and "detail architectural services"...
I like that as well.

   Christoph

Back to the top