Re: [epf-dev] Agenda for Vancouver F2F

Hi,

Appropriate agenda items vary a lot based on who is coming....

Some suggestions for agenda items:
- Walk through what needs to be done for Sep release and who is doing what. We previously brought up adding a short iteration ending Sep 30. Is that necessary?
- What are the views we should use to present OpenUP. This will have a huge impact on the look & feel of the process
- What should we do about principles & practices? Steve has suggested a number of practices for collaboration, but that makes it look uneven, so we should consider adding practices also for other principles. Which ones? Also, what shoudl practices look like? Should we think of using them as practices being aspects for process configuration, similar to EssUP?
- Breakout meetings on relevant OpenUP/Basic disciplines. Working sessions to get stuff done.
- VBSE (assuming USC is attending). Getting it into OpenUP.
- Working on the Process Component concept
- EssUP integration (which could include previous bullet, since one of the things EssUP wants is aspects which we think can be implemented with process components) <Btw, Ivar cannot make it, but he indicated that he expects somebody from IJI to come, and this topic is dependent on somebody attending>
- MDD review. Have a group walk through the proposed plug-in and write down suggestions for improvements
- Evangelism - what more can we do? Building a community? Approaching the agile community.

Steve, who is currently planning to attend?

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2006 10:03 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Agenda for Vancouver F2F

Hello everyone:

I was just wondering who is coordinating the creation of the agenda for our Vancouver F2F because I have had several requests for the agenda from people who are interested in participating (why is everyone looking at me like that J ). I want to place on the agenda time to workshop the OpenUP collaborative principles and identify the other overarching issues which have taken a bit of a back seat to collaboration.

As for facilities we have full use of a large seminar room and two smaller break-out rooms. The Kaiser building at UBC (where we will be meeting) has a rather large and spacious atrium with a Starbucks so we can use this also as an informal work area. If the weather is nice, there are even places outdoors where we can work. The university has excellent wireless coverage and wireless access will be set up for us. Plus wired connections for those who still lug around museum pieces for laptops.

As far as I can see at the moment, it looks like less than 10 of us will be participating in this face to face.

Best regards,
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx