[emfcp-dev] Compatibility and Testing vs. new SimRel cycle

Hi,

due to the new SimRel release cycle (4 equal releases a year), we need to rethink our compatibility rules and related manual testing. In a nutshell, the current suggestion is:

We target to support any SimRel version until a year before the current Release (including). That means as an example that with the version contributed to release 2019.2, we remain compatible with 2018.2. We do manual testing for the current version (e.g. 2019.2) and the lower bound (e.g. 2018.2), bu not for the ones in between.

More details and comments please see:

Kind regards,
Jonas

Dr. Jonas Helming

Senior Software Architect / General Manager
EclipseSource Munich
Email: jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://eclipsesource.com/munich Phone: +49 89 21 555 30 - 11 Hangouts: jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EclipseSource München GmbH Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1 80992 München General Managers: Dr. Jonas Helming, Dr. Maximilian Kögel Registered Office: Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1, 80992 München, Commercial Register München, HRB 191789

Back to the top