[emfcp-dev] More transparent and traceable communication

Hi,

based on recent feedback, we decided to establish more transparent and more traceable communication guidelines in our project. The goal is to help our growing number of contributors to follow and contribute to essential discussions and decisions.
Kindly follow the following communication process:

- Relevant Topics/Discussions are announced on the mailing list, ideally before a decision is taken
- Announcements contain 1-3 sentences on the topic
- Actual discussion is captured externally in a ticket
- Optionally an online meeting might be scheduled on the topic too
- Results of telcos are documented in the ticket
- All follow-up communication on the topic takes place in the ticket (even the telco announcements)
- People need to subscribe to ticket to follow or contribute to the discussion
- If a quick decision is required it is also exceptionally OK to take the decision and announce the results only
- Relevant outcomes of a discussion, which affect everyone in the project are again announced on the mailing list

Examples of relevant topics:
- Releases and their content
- High-level architectural issues
- Roadmap
- Infrastructure adaptations
- Development Process adaptations

Please use this ticket for any comments or questions about this:

Best regards,

Jonas

Dr. Jonas Helming

Senior Software Architect / General Manager
EclipseSource Munich
Email: jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://eclipsesource.com/munich Phone: +49 89 21 555 30 - 11 Hangouts: jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EclipseSource München GmbH Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1 80992 München General Managers: Dr. Jonas Helming, Dr. Maximilian Kögel Registered Office: Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1, 80992 München, Commercial Register München, HRB 191789

Back to the top