Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Until and unless a new composite is provided the upgrade feature won't be available

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 at 15:31, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

I'm reviewing the details for the release, and in the two xmls that define the composite site I see a p2.timestamp property, which should be set to `date +%s%3N`.

Do you know what timestamp is this?

Not exactly sure - I don't know what it is used for, only that I can guess is that it is used as part of p2's caching system. If p2.timestamp is documented somewhere, I don't know where that is.

The format of the timestamp is the ms since 1970 - the same value returned by https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#currentTimeMillis()

Should I update it for each change of these files?

I do.

BTW I have found it is easier to handle this manually by editing a simple XML file. There are actually Ant tasks for managing these files too: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Ant_Tasks#Composite_Repository_Task

HTH
Jonah

Thank you,

Liviu