Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Until and unless a new composite is provided the upgrade feature won't be available

The purpose of those lines is to have those p2 sites listed in the EPP EmbedCPP package as an available site. If you make that URL a composite then the Check for Updates will give users a way to update. The composite just means that it has multiple child p2 sites (e.g. one for 6.0.0 and one for 6.0.1).

CDT does it like https://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/10.0/ - see the compositeArtifacts.xml and compositeContent.xml files - for CDT they are managed in cdt-infra and copied from github to download.eclipse.org with the CI job https://ci.eclipse.org/cdt/view/Releng/job/promote-files-to-download/ which uses this Jenkinsfile and script

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham