From: khayati ohri <khayati.ohri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] Integration with Git
To: Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: EGit developer discussion <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matthias

Thanks for the prompt reply. Please find my replies to your questions below :-
  • We have the following Git API through which we can fetch commit details. We don't have its alternative in EGit or JGit you mean ?
  • Yes you are absolutely right but what I am aiming is to actually fetch the latest and latest - 1 version of all the files in a commit by using/integrating with Git libraries so that the same can be populated in my tool .
  • Yes I was actually referring to this https://github.com/eclipse/egit-github/tree/master/org.eclipse.egit.github.core. But I  believe this is just a small part of Egit plugin and you are pointing to use Jgit dierctly on which Egit is based upon to gain maximum functionality ? Though I did see various services provided by org.eclipse.egit.github.core but I couldn't find any service which can extract the history of files or compare 2 commits of a file for me.
  • Thanks for acknowledging  but can you tell me a general idea as what these limits would be for a Git server ?
  • I believe it means we cannot see others uncommitted changes unless and until they are pushed to Git server and that probably why as of today GitHUb allows to provide Pull request in committed changes only ?
Once again thanks alot for your cooperation

Regards
Khayati