[egit-dev] Missing CloneCommand

Hi,

I'm looking at the new and apparently much improved set of commands in the jgit api package. Really neat. I wish I had all that when I started implementing git support in Bucky in 2009 :-).

There's one thing missing (to me at least, perhaps it's intentional) and that's a CloneCommand. That's a bit of a problem because now I need to figure out what is required to establish a clone. I guess it's essentially the same thing as creating an empty repository and then pull from the remote location, but there is probably more to it than that. Things like creating remote-tracking branches, checking out the initial branch, etc. Can someone please help with this? I guess there must be some similar code already written that I could take a look at?

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top