Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code 2010 project proposal for EGit/JGit projects

On 03/20/2010 10:01 AM, Ismael Juma wrote:
My point is that you can do all of this in the Java perspective and
many developers (me included) prefer that approach as it means less
context switches for things that are done often. There was a
discussion in #eclipse-dev (IRC channel) at some point and many used a
small number of perspectives (often just Java and Debug). To make it
clear, these are experienced Eclipse users

To be honest right now I use only 3 perspectives:
* Java
* Debug
* Team Synchronization
Now I clearly that TSP is only combination of Synchronization view and
Compare editor (I don't know if that is a right name for it). So if I
add Synchronization view to my Java perspective I could abandon TSP.
Thank you for pointing that !

Git is different from CVS, I believe that emulating CVS blindly is not
the best approach. In Git, you have the staging area, commits are
local, you have the concept of push/pull, local/remote branches, etc.
I don't know what others think, but my suggestion is for you to _also_
check what Git-specific UI tools do and take that into account.

I don't want to emulate CVS  cause that is not a case. In my humble
opinion main benefit from integrating with TSP (or Synchronization view)
would be that we can review changes that we can push/pull to/from remote
repository. I'm right ?

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160