Re: [ee4j-pmc] Migration to Jakarta installation of Nexus

On Feb 6, 2020, at 5:32 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 1:47 AM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Better, they should just switch to the new Nexus and avoid the confusion.

Indeed, so that means the user for GlassFish has to be created on the new Nexus. I'm willing to volunteer, but I've no idea how to do that.

Terry,

Meet Arjan who has volunteered to organize the remaining batches of migrations (the users we held).

Arjan, the primary job is:

 - Don't kill Terry with a dozen migration requests -- try to organize the projects into say 1 to 3 more batches/waves
 - Knock on the doors of the implementation projects and ask:
    - if they want to migrate (it's their choice)
    - ask them when they might want to migrate
    - group them together as makes sense
 - Work with Terry to identify a cutover date for each batch
 - Work with the implementation projects to ensure they are aware and ready for their cutover date
 - Deal with any complaints

The shorter version is, do the best you can, try to get people to help you while you help them :)

-David

Back to the top