Re: [ee4j-pmc] Maven release plans for Batch (JSR 352) APIs with Jakarta group id

LGTM, Scott!  Thanks!

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:40 PM Scott Kurz <skurz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let me announce I just did a staging release of jakarta.batch:jakarta.batch-api:1.0.1 to the Sonatype OSSRH staging repository.

Since Batch is not currently developed as part of an EE4J project, it seems the release review process isn't a good fit.

Instead I thought I'd just leave it in the staging repository for a time, share some notes in this email, and see if there are any comments before releasing.
---

1. The staging artifacts are at: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging/jakarta/batch/jakarta.batch-api/1.0.1/

2. Noting some mentions of JAR Manifest entries recently, I updated these manifest entries: (javax =>jakarta).

Bundle-Name: jakarta.batch-api
Bundle-SymbolicName: jakarta.batch-api
Extension-Name: jakarta.batch

I think the original entries were made following advice from Oracle on following patterns, for OSGi, etc. (I have to admit to being unfamiliar with "Extension-Name").

The full change itself can be seen by: https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.jbatch/pull/59/files

3. How to test staged artifacts

a) Running the Batch 1.0 TCK against the API, using Jakarta coordinates (assumes jakarta.batch:jakarta.batch-api:1.0.1 in local repo)
https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.tck/tree/1.0-against-jakarta

b) Another test (gets jakarta.batch:jakarta.batch-api:1.0.1 from staging repo)
https://github.com/scottkurz/sample.batch.bonuspayout/pull/5

4. Finally, I did NOT worry about JPMS module name for this first release

Please let me know of any comments or concerns.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Compute Grid
Development and Level 3 Team Lead
http://www.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP102544
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Scott Kurz" ---10/31/2018 03:18:06 PM---That's not my role, and I don't have anything to note about "Scott Kurz" ---10/31/2018 03:18:06 PM---That's not my role, and I don't have anything to note about IBM + Red Hat in particular.