[ee4j-pmc] Maven release plans for Batch (JSR 352) APIs with Jakarta group id

To align with the Jakarta EE plans for moving Java EE to Jakarta Maven coordinates (https://www.eclipse.org/lists/ee4j-pmc/msg00944.html) and the document at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pm8fjNusxxecoI-9M-eYvnoTkmZTMraQETN7OeVyMnA/edit#heading=h.ma7xbsxflh33)
IBM is posting our plans to release the JSR 352 API (Batch 1.0) into Maven using Jakarta group coordinates.

That is, we will release the contents of

current artifact: javax.batch:javax.batch-api:1.0.1
under new coordinates: jakarta.batch:jakarta.batch-api:1.0.1

Assuming there are no objections, I will contact Sonatype OSSRH and open a ticket, referencing this email, claiming the right to publish to these coordinates, and expect this can all be completed by Oct. 29.

(I'm also posting this to the batch-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for any comments or questions.)
---

Since the batch specification efforts have been quiet, both with respect to Jakarta and otherwise, let me just pre-emptively answer a few questions:

1. What are IBMs plans for Batch in Jakarta?

IBM still intends to resume work on a batch specification in Jakarta. The first step will be to establish a corresponding Specification Project for Java Batch. Then, we will entertain the creation of a corresponding implementation project. Exact dates for these exercises have not been determined.

2. Where do I discuss Jakarta Batch?

The batch-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx forum is as good as any place for now to designate as an "official" discussion forum, though we recognize that's just a formal designation since discussion is quiet. Also, the jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx email list would seem to be an appropriate place within EE4J to discuss.

3. What about the other Batch artifacts in Maven?

Only the API is being released under the jakarta maven coordinates at this time.

If you search for other javax.batch artifacts you will find some other uninteresting artifacts: beta-level artifacts we never ended up releasing in 1.0, as well as a "parent POM" module (javax.batch:jbatch:1.0) that we later realized should be moved to a different groupid.

4. Where will the Jakarta release be performed from?

https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.jbatch

Thank you,
Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Compute Grid