Re: [ee4j-community] Tomitribe Veto's Jakarta EE logo Design-- Biggest mess seen under EE4J

The total lack of project transparency between the PMC is infuriating to say the least.  We don’t even try to communicate with each other.
If PMC included cannot carefully police and analyze how we get to where we are NOW on this design mess,  I cannot even imagine how frustating those without access must feel.

I am sure everything is very clear on someone's whiteboard in terms of timelines and the order in which everything needs to come together, but I do share Amelia's frustration in transparency overall.  I have commented in a couple of different places that it hasn't been exceedingly clear where everything is being decided and I always have this sense that there is some special mailing list or weekly phone conference I don't know exists.

I don't want to hijack the thread or diminish logo discussions, but it may behoove someone in charge or running point on this entire effort overall (Mike?) to send out a period digest of what is being decided where with what timelines and an overarching view of how it is all coming together regarding JarkataEE and the EE4J bits and pieces.  If that already exists (which I suspect it does) then it would be helpful to socialize that information a bit more. I know I have seen a blog post or two in the past but it would be nice to know where the clearinghouse for all up to date information is being maintained.

Understanding where the logo fits into the overall grand plan may help give some context, and if there isn't some overall plan then perhaps logo discussions are a bit rushed. :)

cheers,
Jesse

---
Jesse McConnell <jesse@xxxxxxxxxxx>