[eclipselink-users] Preventing polymorphic selects in JPQL

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to prevent a select from producing the results of all of the subclasses of  a class? I only need the data from the super class.

Just for some background info, here is a small snipped of the super class. What I’m trying to access are names, postalAddresses, telephoneNumbers, and  emailAddresses. This class is the parent of several subclasses.

@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)

public abstract class ConstituentEntity implements Constituent {

      @OneToMany(mappedBy = "constituent", targetEntity = NameEntity.class, fetch = FetchType.EAGER)

      @XmlTransient

      protected Set<Name> names;

      @OneToMany(mappedBy = "constituent", targetEntity = PostalAddressEntity.class)

      protected List<PostalAddress> postalAddresses;

      @OneToMany(mappedBy = "constituent", targetEntity = TelephoneNumberEntity.class)

      protected List<TelephoneNumber> telephoneNumbers;

      @OneToMany(mappedBy = "constituent", targetEntity = EmailAddressEntity.class)

      protected List<EmailAddress> emailAddresses;

Thanks,
Dan

Back to the top