Re: [eclipselink-users] LOB streaming

Please log an enhancement request for this.

You might be able to map the blob using a Converter in EclipseLink, and
convert the JDBC Blob to a Reader of some sort.  You will also need to
ensure you use exclusive connections on your EclipseLink session to hold the
JDBC connection for the duration of the EntityManager.

But, given the size of the blobs, processing them directly in JDBC may be
the best way to go.

stefan.reinhold wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've got large BLOBs (around 100 MB) that I don't want to hold in memory
> completely. Using the @Lob annotation is allowed on a byte array only.
> Is there a feature like OpenJPA's LOB streaming
> (http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/ref_guide_mapping_jpa.html#ref_guide_streamsupport)
>  in EclipseLink, too?
>
> I didn't find anything and suspect I have to implement the BLOB
> persistence
> completely myself.
>
> Kind regards,
> Stefan