Re: [eclipselink-users] @ElementCollection with @Embeddables and weaving

Hi Rafal,

You posted an issue with a similar object model earlier that indicates that the "find" does not work. How is this scenario different - how are you getting past the find?

-Tom

Swierzynski, Rafal wrote:
Hi,

I use the EclipseLink javaagent for weaving. My entity class looks like the following:

@Entity
public class SomeEntity {

    @Id
    @GeneratedValue
    private Long id;

    @ElementCollection(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
    @CollectionTable(name = "SomeMap")
    private Set<Pair> someSet = new HashSet<Pair>();

    public Long getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void put(String key, String value) {
        someSet.add(new Pair(key, value));
    }
}

In the logs, I noticed this line:

[EL Config]: 2010-03-12 14:49:38.828--ServerSession(5506056)--Class com.test.SomeEntity could not be weaved for change tracking as it is not supported by its mappings.

This is probably by the collection of embeddables. Now, it is a config information so I ignored it and wanted to proceed. The code I invoke is the following:

EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("TestJPA");
EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
EntityTransaction tx = em.getTransaction();
tx.begin();
SomeEntity s = new SomeEntity();
s.put("en", "table");
s.put("de", "Tish");
s.put("pl", "stół");
em.persist(s);
tx.commit();

tx.begin();
s = em.find(SomeEntity.class, s.getId());
tx.commit();

When the second commit is invoked, the following exception is thrown:

[EL Warning]: 2010-03-12 14:49:39.531--UnitOfWork(27742346)--java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.RollbackException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commitInternal(EntityTransactionImpl.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commit(EntityTransactionImpl.java:63)
	at com.test.Start.main(Start.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.AttributeChangeTrackingPolicy.createObjectChangeSet(AttributeChangeTrackingPolicy.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.calculateChanges(DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.compareForChange(ObjectBuilder.java:1574)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.AggregateCollectionMapping.compareForChange(AggregateCollectionMapping.java:495)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.createObjectChangeSetThroughComparison(DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.createObjectChangeSet(DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.calculateChanges(DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.changetracking.DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.calculateChangesForExistingObject(DeferredChangeDetectionPolicy.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.calculateChanges(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:624)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.commitToDatabaseWithChangeSet(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:1495)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.commitRootUnitOfWork(RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.java:200)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.commitAndResume(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commitInternal(EntityTransactionImpl.java:84)
	... 2 more

I have exactly the same problem for Map collection when the value is an embeddable. This seems somehow interconnected to the weaving warning I got earlier. The problem goes away when weaving is not used, but it exists when I deploy to GlassFish v3. Is this a bug?

I attach the full source code to the mail. Please remember to enable weaving.

Regards,
Rafał