[eclipselink-users] EclipseLink Workbench crashing on startup loading some old default projects

EclipseLink Workbench is crashing on startup loading some old default projects.

How can I start the Workbench so that it doesn't try to load previously open projects?

In other words, where is persisted the list of old projects that were open?

What is the functionality enabled by "dev" mode?

/**
 * Starting point for typical user of the TopLink Workbench.
 * This class will parse any command line arguments and launch the
 * Framework Application with the appropriate logger and
 * the set of preferences. The application will be launched
 * in its own thread [and thread group].
 *
 * Current command-line arguments:
 *     [-open projectFile]
 *     [-dev]
 *
 * This class builds the objects that should be in place before launching
 * the application; specifically, the thread group must be in place.
 */
public class Main {