Re: [eclipselink-users] Does OSGI work?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Hugo,
>
>  Lets see if we can get the examples working for you.
>
>  Your 1st step should work.  After that, there are a few things we should do
> differently.
>
> 2. The osgi branch in our SVN is a proof of concept branch and is therefore
> deprecated.  We will update our Wiki to be more accurate.  Instead, get the
> examples from the "examples" folder in either our trunk, or
> branches/1.0/trunk.  The example projects you want are:
>
> org.eclipse.persistence.derby
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.setup
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics
>
> 3. You are correct to install apache derby, but the org.apache.derby.core
> bundle is not JPA friendly (it is not well setup for a client-connection to
> Derby through OSGi).  The org.eclipse.persistence.derby project you imported
> in the step above can be used to provide Derby access.  See the readme file
> in that project to understand how to configure it.
>
> When you have it configured, you will have to run the startNetworkServer
> script in your derby installation
>
> 4. You should only have one compile error.  It is explained in the readme
> mentioned above and you should not have to worry about it.
>
> 5. Run the ComicsExampleDBSetup launch configuration (from the
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.setup project)
>
> This is a simple OSGi application that sets up your database.
>
> 6. Run the ComicsRCP launch configuration (from the
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics project)  You will get a
> warning about the derby jar.  Click on the button to ignore the warning.
>
> You should get a simple RCP app.
>
> Let me know how this goes for you and we will ensure the wiki gets updated.
>
> -Tom

Running the 1.0 branch

Step 2 should include the url to svn in tr (you mentioned it in
another email in this list) and not the old technology svn.
The wikipage http://wiki.eclipse.org/SVN_Howto has to be updated.
I know the Equinox group is migrating the source to tr...

Could the DERBY_HOME be obviated by implementing Eclipse-RegisterBuddy
but then... I guess this would not be OSGi??? Is there and equivalent
to Eclipse-RegisterBuddy in OSGi??

The run configuration for the RCP has to be reset with the required
plugins since I am testing on Linux.

I got this error both in Windows and Linux:

[EL Config]: The alias name for the entity class [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title] is
being defaulted to: Title.
[EL Config]: The table name for entity [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title] is
being defaulted to: TITLE.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private int
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.id]
is being defaulted to: ID.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.lang.String
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.name]
is being defaulted to: NAME.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.lang.String
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.format]
is being defaulted to: FORMAT.
[EL Config]: The alias name for the entity class [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue] is
being defaulted to: Issue.
[EL Config]: The table name for entity [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue] is
being defaulted to: ISSUE.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private int
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.id]
is being defaulted to: ID.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.lang.String
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.comments]
is being defaulted to: COMMENTS.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.lang.String
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.condition]
is being defaulted to: CONDITION.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private int
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.copies]
is being defaulted to: COPIES.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private int
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.issueNum]
is being defaulted to: ISSUENUM.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private double
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.pricePaid]
is being defaulted to: PRICEPAID.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.math.BigDecimal
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.value]
is being defaulted to: VALUE.
[EL Config]: The alias name for the entity class [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher]
is being defaulted to: Publisher.
[EL Config]: The table name for entity [class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher]
is being defaulted to: PUBLISHER.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private int
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher.id]
is being defaulted to: ID.
[EL Config]: The column name for element [private java.lang.String
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher.name]
is being defaulted to: NAME.
[EL Config]: The target entity (reference) class for the one to many
mapping element [private java.util.List
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher.titles]
is being defaulted to: class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.
[EL Config]: The target entity (reference) class for the many to one
mapping element [private
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.publisher]
is being defaulted to: class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher.
[EL Config]: The primary key column name for the mapping element
[private org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.publisher]
is being defaulted to: ID.
[EL Config]: The foreign key column name for the mapping element
[private org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.publisher]
is being defaulted to: PUBLISHER_ID.
[EL Config]: The target entity (reference) class for the many to one
mapping element [private
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.title]
is being defaulted to: class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.
[EL Config]: The primary key column name for the mapping element
[private org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.title]
is being defaulted to: ID.
[EL Config]: The foreign key column name for the mapping element
[private org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.title]
is being defaulted to: TITLE_ID.
[EL Config]: The target entity (reference) class for the one to many
mapping element [private java.util.List
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Title.issues]
is being defaulted to: class
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Issue.
[EL Info]: EclipseLink, version: Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0
(Build 1.0 - 20080707)
[EL Config]: Connection(17796836)--connecting(DatabaseLogin(
	platform=>DerbyPlatform
	user name=> "app"
	datasource URL=> "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true"
))
[EL Warning]: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true
[EL Config]: Connection(12793391)--Connected:
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true
	User: app
	Database: Apache Derby  Version: 10.4.1.3 - (648739)
	Driver: Apache Derby Network Client JDBC Driver  Version: 10.4.1.3 - (648739)
[EL Config]: Connection(1726320)--connecting(DatabaseLogin(
	platform=>DerbyPlatform
	user name=> "app"
	datasource URL=> "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true"
))
[EL Warning]: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true
[EL Config]: Connection(23235469)--Connected:
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/comics;create=true
	User: app
	Database: Apache Derby  Version: 10.4.1.3 - (648739)
	Driver: Apache Derby Network Client JDBC Driver  Version: 10.4.1.3 - (648739)
[EL Info]: bundleresource://28/-comics login successful
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl@6dd8e1
[EL Fine]: Connection(12793391)--SELECT ID, NAME FROM PUBLISHER ORDER
BY NAME ASC
[EL Fine]: VALUES(1)
[EL Warning]: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence
Services - 1.0 (Build 1.0 - 20080707)):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table/View
'PUBLISHER' does not exist.
Error Code: -1
Call: SELECT ID, NAME FROM PUBLISHER ORDER BY NAME ASC
Query: ReadAllQuery(org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher)
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0
(Build 1.0 - 20080707)):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table/View
'PUBLISHER' does not exist.
Error Code: -1
Call: SELECT ID, NAME FROM PUBLISHER ORDER BY NAME ASC
Query: ReadAllQuery(org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated.Publisher)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:322)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:646)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:500)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.server.ServerSession.executeCall(ServerSession.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:204)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:190)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeSelectCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:261)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.selectAllRows(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:594)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.selectAllRowsFromTable(ExpressionQueryMechanism.java:2505)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.selectAllRows(ExpressionQueryMechanism.java:2463)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.ReadAllQuery.executeObjectLevelReadQuery(ReadAllQuery.java:478)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.ObjectLevelReadQuery.executeDatabaseQuery(ObjectLevelReadQuery.java:883)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DatabaseQuery.execute(DatabaseQuery.java:666)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.ObjectLevelReadQuery.execute(ObjectLevelReadQuery.java:844)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.ReadAllQuery.execute(ReadAllQuery.java:456)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.ObjectLevelReadQuery.executeInUnitOfWork(ObjectLevelReadQuery.java:906)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.internalExecuteQuery(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:2588)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1178)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1162)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1136)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1118)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl.executeReadQuery(EJBQueryImpl.java:399)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl.getResultList(EJBQueryImpl.java:517)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics.Model.getPublishers(Model.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics.ModelAdapter.getChildren(ModelAdapter.java:23)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics.AbstractAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(AbstractAdapter.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table/View 'PUBLISHER'
does not exist.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.prepareStatement(DatabaseAccessor.java:1340)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseCall.prepareStatement(DatabaseCall.java:648)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:550)
	... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Table/View
'PUBLISHER' does not exist.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeSqlca(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePrepareError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePRPSQLSTTreply(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readPrepareDescribeOutput_(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readPrepareDescribeInputOutput(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowPrepareDescribeInputOutput(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatementX(Unknown Source)
	... 30 more

Back to the top