Re: [eclipselink-users] Service/DAO/Model Bundles

Bellan,
The restriction right now as I know it is this:

The EntityManager and the EO's must share the same classloader (i.e.
be in the same bundle).

I think you're going to be stuck passing in your Entity Manager in to
your "DAO" layer.

Here's the model we use for our OSGi J2SE RCP apps.

 - Model Bundle: Contains the Entity Manager, EO's and "model
classes", which would act like your dao, they hold a copy of an
EntityManager and any special data access calls.
 - View Bundle: Contains all the GUI/Front end code, no data access.
 - Utility Bundles: Contain things like abstract classes (Mapped Super
Classes), Abstract Entity Manager Factories, etc.

This has worked out fine, but some things that aren't great is, if you
have 4 different model bundles that all need to access a common
database table like a Users table each bundle must duplicate code and
have the same EO. It's not a huge deal since EO's stay pretty light,
but it's not ideal obviously.

If you'd like some more details let me know.

Tim