Re: [eclipselink-dev] [External] : EclipseLink 3.0.1 release

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 10:03 PM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Would be good if EclipseLink 3.0.1 (or whatever the exact next version is), could be part of GlassFish 6.1.0. As GlassFish 6.1.0 partially has the same blockers, it sees the timelines would match to make this feasible.

That is our main goal __ (I need updated EclipseLink/MOXy for Metro as well, Jersey may want to pick it up too)

Sounds good!

The biggest issue right now (as I see it) is the speed of the spec committee :-/ While they've made the release process of spec artifacts simpler (which itself took about a month) I haven't seen any improvement on their execution speed yet, so I'm not sure the simplified process is big win over the 2weeks long ballot in terms of review/waiting time... it seems it only requires less paper-work so far :-/

True, the speed leaves a little bit to be desired. I understand the need for two weeks, and at the same time don't understand. Especially when we had to release all the APIs for EE 9 and then re-release some of them it took forever.

btw, Arjan, will you be able to release ha-api so I can include it in upcoming Metro?

Yes, I can probably do that. The Jenkins CI however got stuck on the PR. I killed and restarted it a couple of times, and need to look into it or just test it locally and/or file a bug for it.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top