[eclipselink-dev] Building master

Hello!
So, I tried building master locally today (I don't really do it very often anymore and stick mostly to 2.6 & 2.7) and I gotta say, I'm really confused as to what I need to run. I tried following the instructions on the wiki (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#devbuild) to run tests, but it only ever ends up building everything...

Granted, I don't have much experience with maven, but I just want to run the jpa-jse bucket locally. ` mvn verify -Pmysql,test-jpa-jse` seems to build everything and runs every single testbucket. I can see the console running core tests and jpql test... Also, I didn't specify connection information for mysql. What connection information is it using?

Also, is it just me or does the build take like 20 minutes to run now with maven. Ive run it several times and it seems like everything is downloaded, but it still takes forever to build.

Also also, my HOME/build.properties aren't being used anymore, right? How do I run tests against other databases? DB2? SQLServer? In the past, I just set the `db.user, db.pwd, db.url, ect` properties in my build.properties file, but that doesnt seem to be looked at anymore.

Thanks,
Will Dazey

Back to the top