Re: [eclipselink-dev] Building BR 2.0.1 in Eclipse required eclipselink.core.test class path changes

Sebastien,
   Hi,  Eclipse 3.5 Galileo uses orbit for dependency management - there are orbit procedures on the Building page that will also work if you are still on 3.4 Ganymede.
   The eclipse .classpath settings assumes you got your dependencies from Orbit.

   1) All of the jars with bundle version numbers are obtained by checking them out from the common Eclipse "Orbit" repository in the SVN view of your IDE - This is a single repository for all Eclipse projects that have dependencies on them.
       jaxrpc has a version in orbit as well.
       except the junit.jar which you will need to override as directed in your own test and build .properties file overrides in your <user-home>

   2) depending on how you get your javax.persistence orbit project or just import the jar - you may need to modify your .classpath to point to the 2.0 project - as you have done.
       I have some workspaces that don't require this and other 64-bit versions where I was unable to checkout orbit from where need to edit this single library like you have.

       However, in all cases I don't need to override javax.xml.bind with a minimum OSGI version # like the rest of the entries.
       As a test, verify that you also do not have a problem with [eclipselink.moxy.test/.classpath] - as it also depends on javax.xml.bind.

    thank you
    /michael

Sebastien Tardif wrote:

Building BR 2.0.1 in Eclipse required eclipselink.core.test class path changes.

Please review what I did and if a better solution exists because I still have 30 projects that need manual help to compile…

Using branch 2.0.0, which currently mean EclipseLink 2.0.1 trunk I created a workspace and imported all projects.

Also, I have put under C:\galileo-sr1\eclipse\plugins all those files:

However, eclipselink.core.test was still not compiling. I had to modify these in .classpath:

-          Remove “javax.persistence” (do not exist) and instead use project “javax.persistence 2.0.0”

-          Remove “javax.xml.bind” (do not exist) then compile without errors