Re: [eclipselink-dev] questions while running JPA JUnit tests

Hi Dies,

  Comments inline:

Dies Koper wrote:
Hi Tom,

I have a few more questions:

1. Relation UNIQUE and primary keys
   In DatabasePlatform we have the following method implementation:

    protected void printFieldUnique(Writer writer) throws IOException {
        if (supportsPrimaryKeyConstraint()) {
            writer.write(" UNIQUE");
        }
    }

   Why does it check supportsPrimaryKeyConstraint() and not
supportsUniqueKeyConstraint()?

It is possible, this is a legacy issue. (i.e. from before we had platform support for unique key constraints) Please file a bug.

2. Check-in:  bug 289019, bug 289020, bug 289021 and bug 289023
   You merged the patches into one and marked the bugs as fixed. Have
you committed the patch? I couldn't find it in trunk.

I am not sure what happened to my check-in.  The changes should be there now.

3. INNER JOIN
   Symfoware does not support (INNER) JOIN syntax.
   "JOIN" is used in SQLSelectStatement twice, at least one of which is
used when using a self-referencing many to many relationship and
performing a (JPQL) LEFT OUTER JOIN query. I can prevent the syntax
error by replacing the inner join by a left outer join for Symfoware,
but I'm worried that might select too many rows. I suppose a better
solution is to compare join keys in the where clause. What do you think?
Do you happen to know an easy way to do that (using existing code)? If
not, never mind, I'll do some more research myself.

Could you please give an example of a statement that gives you an issue, what the resulting SQL is, and what part of it is not supported by Symfoware?

4. Patches.
   On top of the modifications in 2., I have made a number of changes to
core code and JUnit tests to make it possible to run the tests for the
Symfoware platform. Some are fixes of bugs in core code and JUnit tests,
many are just to allow JUnit tests to run on Symfoware too (as opposed
to skipping them). Can I make just a single patch file and attach it to
the Symfoware platform bug or do I need to break them up per issue I
encountered and separate them over different bug reports?

Start by attaching the single patch to the Symfoware platform bug and describing the issues. If any of the changes are large enough to merit their own bug, we can add the bug later.

From your previous email:

1. --

LANGUAGE, VALUE, DOMAIN, SEQUENCE

- I am still hoping to find the time to deal with these issues.

--

2. --
It is in:

I changed it to "javax.persistence 1.99" to make it work.

I imported the projects in the EclipseLink trunk using Eclipse's Import function. I did not import them as PDE's or any special way. Should I have? So some of the project names have a version number in them, like "javax.persistence 1.99". As some dependencies do not include the version number, it thinks the projects are not there.

- The options to solve this are to keep the change you have made or to get the javax.persistence project from orbit (it is the JPA 1.0 project rather than the in-development JPA 2.0 project)

--

-Tom

Thanks,
Dies