Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Naming the Simultaneous Release and products

> Could you also please clarify up front what are the branding guideline restrictions on "Eclipse <Foo>"?   It seems there is an underlying constraint that it cannot actually be simply descriptive, but, as I've pointed out, that has a broader implication on the names
> of a great many projects at Eclipse...

> I second that. So far we hear about restrictions during conversations but there is not a single pointer to explicit, descriptive and detailed list of these restrictions and where they come from.

I asked for that several times and what I concluded from the responses so far is that there is not a clear definition of allowed <Foo>. The important point seems that the Foundations would like to register the name as trademark. However, I am not sure whether this is really specified as must somewhere. If so, where?

Dani