Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Next Planning Council call : May2

On 2018-05-03 11:43 AM, Ed Merks wrote:
So in the splash screen, of course the product brand will give sufficient context to make YYYY-MM meaningful all by itself.  So in the end, we don't actually need to invent a new brand around the name of each release because we have no important place to use that brand name in the first place.  The slash screen was the only place of any real public, end-user significance where the train name was used, and that we've eliminated.

I don't actually think that is correct. The simrel name was used prominently on the website download page, and (I think) in the Oomph-based installer.

As in:

There were also press releases and other marketing actions that used the simrel name.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top