RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto RC1 conference call 12-Apr(today)

Update for the BIRT project

  • RC0 status from each project. According to our schedule Platform, CDT, DTP, EMF, GEF, and VE have completed their RC0 and BIRT, GMF, TPTP, and WTP should complete their RC0 this Friday. What is the status of these RC0s? Will we have a final Callisto RC0 on Friday?

In last meeting, we have indicated that we might repackage BIRT M5 on platform M6 for RC0 due to the delay in migrating to jar-ed plugin and OSGi in deployment (appServers).  But the team made up the delay and now BIRT is planning to release RC0 with the dev stream this Friday.  There are still quite a few bugs found in the last round of test.  There is risk of new bugs found in the next couple of days that push BIRT RC0 to Sunday.

  • Update Site. Will we have an RC0 update site on Friday? Are all the projects sending their update site information to David? How are we handling the "RC0 is in the midst of being released one step at a time while M5 is the milestone on the update site" - are we using our staging update site?

Yes, BIRT has a update site.   My understanding we will use the staging site first.   Are we also creating all-in-one zip(s) for several common configurations per our meeting at EclipseCon?

  • RC1. According to our schedule, RC1 is also this Friday. Thus the RC0 and RC1 are, for everyone except the Platform, the same event. Does everyone agree?

Yes, BIRT will still be on platform M6 this Friday.   The milestone name is RC0.   We have named the next milestone (4/28) as RC1, but to synch up with the rest of the projects, we will change it to RC2.

  • RC2 status from each project. According to our schedule, RC2 is in two and a half weeks. What ramp down policies are the projects applying for RC2? How many days delay is each project using for RC2? When will the Platform go to RC2? After that, when will CDT, DTP, ..., etc have their RC2s? And when will BIRT, GMF, TPTP, and WTP have their RC2s? Will this all happen by 28-April?
  • Ramp Down Policy from each project. What ramp down policy is each project applying? How many sign-offs are required to release a change? What notifications are sent for each change and to whom? Etc.

Milestone

Date

Description

Callisto M5

Friday, 3-Mar-06

First coordinated release; API freeze

RC0/1

Friday, 14-Apr-06

RC2

Friday, 28-Apr-06

Feature freeze for core bits (Dali and JSF excepted); checkins require Bugzilla entry

RC3

Friday, 12-May-06

Checkins require component lead approval

RC4

Friday, 26-May-06

Code freeze (all bits); WTP-level triage (PMC must approve all changes)

RC5

Friday, 16-Jun-06

WTP release candidate; platform-level triage (PMC approves changes with downstream consumer sign off)

RC6

Wednesday, 28-Jun-06

Gold master

GA

Friday, 30-Jun-06

Callisto GA (WTP 1.5 GA Release, English only)

  • Bug Contest. The bug contest has very few (I think two legitimate) entrants. Does anybody have an idea why? Bugs but no good ones? No bugs being entered?

Have not seen good bugs that worth normination.  Many committers have allo projects loaded but testing is mainly with BIRT.

Regards,

Wenfeng

(Ward will be hosting the call as Bjorn is traveling.)

Agenda:
[...]
We're coming into the end game now which means that we need to ramp up communication and coordination. I think the goal for this call should be to come away with a concrete plan from each project for the end games and the coordination and the tightening build schedule and to make sure that we have the update site working.

Thanks,
Bjorn

Back to the top