RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto RC1 conference call 12-Apr(today)

Title: RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto RC1 conference call 12-Apr(today)

I have a conflict and unable to attend the call tomorrow likewise for Sri.  Some updates relative to the agenda indicated:

·       RC0 status from each project. According to our schedule Platform, CDT, DTP, EMF, GEF, and VE have completed their RC0 and BIRT, GMF, TPTP, and WTP should complete their RC0 this Friday. What is the status of these RC0s? Will we have a final Callisto RC0 on Friday?

o       <TT> Were marching toward completion of RC0 (or is it M6 per the Platform M6 declaration instead of RC0?) this Friday final testing is underway, but there is some risk due to closure status of a couple of bugs.  Well have a more complete/current assessment after our project call in the AM, after which time well update on anticipated closure of RC0.

·       Update Site. Will we have an RC0 update site on Friday? Are all the projects sending their update site information to David? How are we handling the "RC0 is in the midst of being released one step at a time while M5 is the milestone on the update site" - are we using our staging update site?

o       <TT> Hubert from TPTP has been working with Dave to align re update site expectations.  We believe were aligned.

·       RC1. According to our schedule, RC1 is also this Friday. Thus the RC0 and RC1 are, for everyone except the Platform, the same event. Does everyone agree?

o       <TT> No, TPTP still has delta from Platform (and EMF) for RC1.  TPTP RC1 is Apr 28.

·       RC2 status from each project. According to our schedule, RC2 is in two and a half weeks. What ramp down policies are the projects applying for RC2? How many days delay is each project using for RC2? When will the Platform go to RC2? After that, when will CDT, DTP, ..., etc have their RC2s? And when will BIRT, GMF, TPTP, and WTP have their RC2s? Will this all happen by 28-April?

o       <TT> TPTP RC2 is slated for May 12 (Still Platform + 2wks) We may try to reduce the delay earlier than currently planned, but thats a stretch goal.  After RC3 we start decreasing availability delta between Platform/EMF and TPTP (RC4=7days, RC5=4days, RC6=0days)

·       Ramp Down Policy from each project. What ramp down policy is each project applying? How many sign-offs are required to release a change? What notifications are sent for each change and to whom? Etc.

o       <TT> Starting Jun 3, we are in Project Lead change control mode - approval for commits required by Component Lead, Project Lead.  Starting June 10, we are in PMC change control mode, same as above plus PMC approval.

o       CVS Genie notifications of commits go to Project Leads and PMC to ensure reconciled with approvals.

·       Bug Contest. The bug contest has very few (I think two legitimate) entrants. Does anybody have an idea why? Bugs but no good ones? No bugs being entered?

o       <TT> Just too darn stable?  J  Uncertain, well poke on this in our call in the AM.

We're coming into the end game now which means that we need to ramp up communication and coordination. I think the goal for this call should be to come away with a concrete plan from each project for the end games and the coordination and the tightening build schedule and to make sure that we have the update site working.

(Ward will be hosting the call as Bjorn is traveling.)

Agenda:

[...]

Thanks,

Bjorn

Back to the top