[eclipse.org-committers] New status.eclipse.org

Dear committers,

Following the outage that occurred February 7, 2020 [1], we want to improve on is how we communicate with the  committers and the community about incidents, their impacts and the estimated time until service is restored. We also would like to improve our communication about scheduled maintenances.

We've taken on revamping status.eclipse.org for this purpose. Early next week, it will be migrated to a new system (based on statuspage.io). It will have a much finer grained monitoring of the various systems the IT team is managing. In addition to the advanced monitoring, the new system will let us better communicate to our community about infrastructure incidents and their resolutions.

Incidents and scheduled maintenances will be displayed on the new status.eclipse.org but also automatically broadcasted to RSS/Atom feeds and to a dedicated twitter account: @Eclipse_Status [2]. Feel free to follow it. These two broadcast channels should give you better insights on what's going with the Eclipse Foundation services.

The new status.eclipse.org will go live early next week. We will keep you posted as soon as it's available.

Thanks.

Mikaël Barbero
Team Lead - Release Engineering | Eclipse Foundation
🐦 @mikbarbero