I think it's also important to point out that this statement is in a section about Guidelines and Policies.  Such documents merely outline and clarify the minutiae of how the foundation functions/manages, and these Guidelines and Policies themselves must conform to the general terms of the agreement we are signing.   Such Guidelines and Policies cannot arbitrarily add, change, or remove terms to, in, or from the agreement itself.  So no, this statement does not make the agreement itself open ended, it just means we won't all have to resign the agreement each time there is some change to a Policy or Guideline document, as approved by the Board and reviewed by your Committer Representatives on the Board, e.g., the recent changes to the Eclipse Development Process did not require us all to resign.  So any such future changes to Guidelines and Policies will be reviewed carefully by the Board and some of the organizations on the Board have armies of very conservative lawyers that will also consider very carefully any impact on that organization's employees who are bound by the Committer Agreement and also your Committer Representatives will do their due diligence to ensure that none of us are negatively impacted...

Regards,
Ed

On 23/02/2019 8:41 p.m., Mike Milinkovich wrote:
On 2019-02-23 11:36 a.m., Peter Kriens wrote:
I don't know I might have missed it the first time.

No. Those words have been there since 2004. Thanks.

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

On 23 Feb 2019, at 17:34, Håvard Ottestad <hmottestad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is this a new addition to the agreement?

Cheers,
Håvard

On 23 Feb 2019, at 15:14, Peter Kriens <peter.kriens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am asked to sign a new committers agreement like I guess all of us.

I read the agreement and it contains this section that worries me:

<208456DC-D9E2-4351-81E2-2F53BB65CAD5.png>

This is basically an open ended agreement, to be amended by the foundation anytime. Are there more committers worried about such an agreement or am I overly cautious?

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal to the Eclipse Foundation.  To be permanently removed from this list, you must contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

Avast logo